Cardfight!! Vanguard > CF!!V Discussion

Standard Fighting Rules and Card rulings

<< < (13/14) > >>

[ER] Patrickzzz:

--- Quote from: ein87 on February 11, 2015, 10:04:08 AM ---I have a couple of questions abaout the timing of "When this unit attack":

Question 1:
1- I attack with "Ambitious Spirit Revenger, Cormac" in Legion.
2-I activate the AUTO effects, I read that you can activate in any order if they activate at the same time, so I choose to activate first the second AUTO, giving her 3k of power, then I activate the 1st AUTO, retire the boost unit behind her.
My doubt is that if the boost unit is retired, then Cormac do not get the boost, right??

Question 2:
1-I attack with "Metalborg Sin Buster" in Legion, and rest it.
2-I choose boost with "MEtalborg Black doctor", and rest it.
3-I choose apply the AUTO effect of Sin Buster.
My doubt: accord to the rulings, first is resolved the "When this unit attack", before the add of power of the boosting unit behind, so in this case, the effect AUTO of Sin Buster do not apply??

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english, is not my native language.

--- End quote ---

With Sin buster the boost works for his skill. For Cormac if you use it you don't get the boost, i'm not sure how to explain it why rule-wise but i think it is because Cormac's retire is a cost.

ein87:
Thank you for the answer, I`d think that those effects works as you say, but I was no sure.

Towan:

--- Quote from: [MK/DF] Patrickzzz on February 11, 2015, 12:08:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: ein87 on February 11, 2015, 10:04:08 AM ---I have a couple of questions abaout the timing of "When this unit attack":

Question 1:
1- I attack with "Ambitious Spirit Revenger, Cormac" in Legion.
2-I activate the AUTO effects, I read that you can activate in any order if they activate at the same time, so I choose to activate first the second AUTO, giving her 3k of power, then I activate the 1st AUTO, retire the boost unit behind her.
My doubt is that if the boost unit is retired, then Cormac do not get the boost, right??

Question 2:
1-I attack with "Metalborg Sin Buster" in Legion, and rest it.
2-I choose boost with "MEtalborg Black doctor", and rest it.
3-I choose apply the AUTO effect of Sin Buster.
My doubt: accord to the rulings, first is resolved the "When this unit attack", before the add of power of the boosting unit behind, so in this case, the effect AUTO of Sin Buster do not apply??

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english, is not my native language.

--- End quote ---

With Sin buster the boost works for his skill. For Cormac if you use it you don't get the boost, i'm not sure how to explain it why rule-wise but i think it is because Cormac's retire is a cost.

--- End quote ---

With cormac, if he is boosted by a unit with a skill like the legion boosters, he would still get the +4k from the legion booster skill, but the power of the unit is removed if it was retired during the attack. so you wouldnt get the other 6k

[T-SP] Access:
Metalborg, Magmafork
[AUTO](RC):[Counter Blast (1) - card with "Metalborg" in its card name] When this unit attacks a vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, this card gets [Power]+3000 for each card on your (VC) until the end of that battle.

Would gain 9k if you have strided over a Legion unit. as Magmafork counts the number of cards in the VC and hearts are considered in the VC therefore it would gain 9k.

Source
http://cf-vanguard.net/%E9%8B%BC%E9%97%98%E6%A9%9F_%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B0%E3%83%9E%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AF
Or you can find it in the comments of wiki under the card itself.

Lucius:
added this thanks to Duive here:
Stride rulings:
SpoilerYou can perform Stride in your stride step (which comes AFTER the ride step while STILL BEING in the ride phase) when both you and your opponent have a grade 3 or greater vanguard by discarding cards in your hand with the sum of their grades being 3 or more.
◾After paying the cost, choose the G unit you want Stride that is face down from your G zone.
◾The G unit Strides in the same state (Stand or Rest) as your vanguard was prior to Striding (Pay attention to this one Megacolony players).
◾At the end of your turn, return the G Unit you Strode to your G zone face-up, and all your heart cards are now treated as your vanguard, and your vanguard is in the same state (Stand or Rest) as your G unit was at the end of turn. If your heart cards were Legion prior to Striding, they return in Legion state.
◾Striding does not count as a ride, so effects involving ride are not activated.

Technicalities:
-Stride does not trigger "Break Ride".
-When performing Stride and your Vanguard is in Legion, both units become the "Heart" but only 1 is designated to lend its power and name to the G-Unit.
-Don't Forget the stride unit keeps the Name of the heart you choose but it still has its own Name too.(which can be important since there are strides like Dark Dragon, Phantom Blaster "Diablo" that can still use their skill even if they are not stridden over a blaster or an Unit that does not have the same Archetype, which also means you can use Units skill that require that specific Archetype  on the turn you stride it )
-When Stride is performed on a deleted Vanguard, the deleted unit becomes flipped and is now the Heart. Afterwards it remains un-deleted.
-It is possible to Stride and then Superior Ride through a Cards skill. In this case, return the G-Unit to the deck and the units in the Heart go to the Soul.
-As hinted at the top, Stride is after Ride Step but still in the Ride Phase, not it the Main Phase. So make sure you have everything set before performing dat fateful Stride. As it signals the end of your Ride Step.
- You can't use the Heart skills of Units that are stridden when they are deleted. (Heart skills are VG skills that have [AUTO](VC):[Cost(Not always required)] During your turn, when your G unit Stride. in their text)

90% of this is from Duives post: http://cardfight-wiki.ru/areafor/index.php/topic,2124.0.html the rest is from mine : P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version