Buddyfight > FCB Discussion

[BF] Cards That You Think Should be Banned or Limited

<< < (6/6)

HunterSerge:

--- Quote from: Levankua on January 28, 2015, 05:30:42 AM ---
--- Quote from: TimPowerGamer on January 23, 2015, 02:05:27 AM ---Street Racer, Eligos - Ugh.  This card is a recyclable attack negate that costs 2 life to play.  I mean, that doesn't sound overpowered at first glance, until you realize that it prevents non-penetrate link attacks (or, if they do link, it stops the attack anyway), it's not a spell so it can't be negated in any way, it can protect anything on your sides since it can redirect any attack, and it slows the game to a painful crawl when combined with the rest of the turtling that Magic World has available.  As a Buddy Monster, it can even be a free attack negate.  Destroying it only sends it back to hand.  The only way to get rid of it is for the opponent to choose not to pay the life or sending it to the gauge.  It's pretty much only vulnerable to Epic Fail, Tempest Wing, and Penetrate.  Only, there's plenty of answers for all of those with the rest of the deck, so that gives this card too little counterplay.

--- End quote ---

Despite it's obvious strength comparable to a reusable slepnir, the life cost is staggering in a world with near 0 life gain.  You're basically taking any attack that is 2 crit or less with this and as you said useless against penetrate etc.  It's stats are nonexistant only blessed enough to have 2 crit which is what allows the size 1 heavy deck to continue to perform.

--- End quote ---
Well, first, 2-crit is all that matters, its other stats are super irrelevant
Secondly, Eligos is NOTHING like Sleipnir. Sleipnir doesn't do anything to stop attacks. As long as the opponent's center is open, any attack can be stopped by Eligos. This is why its such a big deal.

Dullahan:
Freaking Purgatory Knights Leader, Demios Sword Dragon.  The guy's a free walking-OTK.

HunterSerge:

--- Quote from: Dullahan on February 02, 2015, 07:25:03 AM ---Freaking Purgatory Knights Leader, Demios Sword Dragon.  The guy's a free walking-OTK.

--- End quote ---
At the cost of a huge field investment and huge minus.

Not to mention literally every World has an answer.

Dragon World: Dragonic Counter, Knight Counter, Dragon Shields in general being fantastic.
Danger World: More limited then others, but Demongodol Ark and Double Guillotine are pretty good at stopping Demios.
Magic World: Magical Goodbye, Epic Fail, even potentially Begone.
Katana World: Art of Explosive Hades Fall. That's really all you need, but the Secret Swords deal with him pretty handily, as does Geppakugiri.
Ancient World: Demios completely dies to Sieger until it sides stuff in. So. You know. Ladis' spell denial can hurt Demios pretty hard too, and you need a pretty perfect field to break through him without sideboarding.
Dungeon World: Pillar of Fire. Do you really need anything else? In addition, Dungeon Enemies have Meteor Rain and Dungeon Explosion to screw him over.
Darkness Dragon World: Death Grip. All you really need.
Legend World: They're really the most screwed. Don't have much to deal with it. Bloody King can wall them pretty well when he comes out though. Gauge ramp enough and Prydwen can let you survive.
Hero World: They're not even out yet, but they destroy the deck by their very nature, especially in their abuse of their Dragoenergy clone. RIP in Pieces Demios.

TimPowerGamer:
If the Purgatory Knights do end up becoming a top tier deck, it won't be by the fault of Demios himself.

Cphonic:
I think that Tetsuya from dungeon world should be limited. I use this card all the time in combo with Drum, Vanna, Glory Seeker, and it is really OP. If my opponent does not have a shield in their hand, then they are basically screwed. I often get this in  my starting hand and it does destroy lives with giving an extra monster double atk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version