Buddyfight > Requests

Open source code?

<< < (2/3) > >>

BuddyFIghterX:

--- Quote ---No one has said that they don't wish to update BFA. You should never assume
--- End quote ---

I was trying to say as a hypothetical, like if they don't want to, they can just open source it and let the community do it. What I think is most likely happening is that it is a lot of work to maintain two different games with one team, and because more people play cardfight arena then they rather update that one.

What I am trying to do is bring a solution to, clearly, a big problem that a lot of users have noted in a way which presents no extra effort for the developers. Again, just a win-win in my book

Prime Ddraig:
Sadly, all we can do is hope, they have little reason to open the source code if they themselves believe they are capable of doing it on their own, its a tall request to simply ask to "Take over" the development of the program.

BuddyFIghterX:

--- Quote ---Sadly, all we can do is hope, they have little reason to open the source code if they themselves believe they are capable of doing it on their own, its a tall request to simply ask to "Take over" the development of the program.
--- End quote ---

I understand that this is kind of a hard request but I'm not asking to take over and become the leader of the code. They can still have the first and last voice in the project. Open sourcing just means people know how the system works, enabling them to perhaps script missing cards, or fix bugs, and for more ambitious people, add new features.

With that, a user could pull the existing source code, improve upon that code, and then request a merge, then the team would just need to peruse that change and merge it. This would allow quick patches to fix stuff and card scripting to be done by others then just regulated by the team, reducing developing time and increasing updates. That's basically the major advantage of open source programs and how all YGOPRO variants work, a team leading the development, but a community detecting and fixing bugs, improving the overall software.

41024:
Source code - bad idea. If any have source code, they can easy cheating.

Prime Ddraig:

--- Quote from: 41024 on December 07, 2015, 05:11:31 PM ---Source code - bad idea. If any have source code, they can easy cheating.

--- End quote ---

That's because they can add cards that aren't part of the game, or modify effects right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version