Battle area > Card Strategy

Butler Cat & Mega Flare

(1/9) > >>

Sandy:
So basically, when this cat is out, because of a loophole with Legion, he's able to restand the vanguard, who gets a +1 crit anyways for having four of his units at rest, anywhere from two to four times in total? Allowing him to basically check anywhere from four to eight triggers in a row? Now I dunno about the rest of you, but that loop hole, seems like complete crap, a MAJOR unfair advantage. The only thing that I can think of that's a draw back, is that A) they'd have to cut back on triggers cause he's a grade 0 and B) that when he's used up the field is empty, but thanks to Legion he can be shuffled back into the deck to start the cycle all over again.

This seems majorly unfair, some would point out Miss Mist being effective, but the problem comes from the fact that at the moment OTT is kind of left to dwindle so you'll barely see anyone running them. I just don't like the fact that because of a technicality on Legion's part, this cat is allowed to boost a unit that already gets crit off the bat and the only way to seemingly counter this tactic is to kill the cat asap, which works for some clans, but other clans which do not have a retiring method are completely screwed. He can attack multiple times if he is guarded and even if he isn't guarded he's swinging for two crit and the only thing you can do then is hope he doesn't get another. Also WHEN he hits, he can just simply restand a raiser unit. All of this and not a counterblast to be spent. This, to me comes off as overly cheap and not in the good way.

WaiterFang:
Should i ban cat butler for that in my tournament?

Lance Korilum:
I have to agree.  I think is combo is just as, if not more, broken than Sin Buster.  Although, you are mistaken on the cut-back on triggers.  You can't cut back on triggers, since 16 is the required amount, but it does increase the amount of G0s in the deck, making riding slightly less consistent.  This combo has way too many advantages and too few drawbacks.  It's cheaper AND more powerful than Tetra, Raging Form, and Re-Birth, and even Sing Saver.  Most tournaments that allow Legion should ban Cat Butler; it's just too good with Legion Unless Bushiroad Erratas Cat Butler, or changes the ruling to make it so that only the Mate stands.

M4tt:
I'm pretty sure once Bushiroad catches wind of this they'll add some type of limitation to cat butler. (Like only 2 can be in a deck with Mega Flare.)

Sandy:
Well I made a statement... a lengthy one at that on their main website, so hopefully someone will see it and something good will happen, I don't mean to target NG specifically, but that card is giving them a near conroe type of advantage and that I will not stand for.

--- Quote from: FrozenFang on May 08, 2014, 08:11:09 PM ---Should i ban cat butler for that in my tournament?

--- End quote ---
Hey it's your tourney, do whatever you feel is appropriate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version