Cardfight!! Vanguard > Creative Works

Fanfiction: Mending with Time

(1/3) > >>

Artemis:
Chapter 1: The Final Journal
Uh. Yeah this is me attempting to write a story. Reviews, critiques, and blah are welcome.

Disclaimer: I do not own “Cardfight!! Vanguard.” It’s copyright, as well as characters and card units, belongs to Akira Itou and the company Bushiroad. This is for fan purposes only, and not to profit in any way at all. Please enjoy.

Time and Date: November 16th, 2024 20:48
Third Person POV:
A girl with long reddish-brown hair that reaches her knees sits in a cave with three other individuals. She wears a long, light orange dress that's decorated with floral patterns with a green overcoat along with brown boots.  Her tired brown eyes attempt to focus on the notebook she has in her hand as she begins to write the final entry.
Journal Entry #641 : Our Last Hope
   It’s been five years since they have launched their attack. The “Dark Ones,” as they call themselves. They didn’t seem like much at first, but Cardfighters all around the world were starting to disappear. It first started with world-class fighters, such as Olivier Gaillard and Philippe Neve, who left with no traces, except struggles of a Vanguard fight.

I was only eleven at the time when they came to my area. I recall that day. I was heading down the shopping district towards Emi Sendou’s home to work on our priestess costumes for a school play when I bumped into her by accident. Emi was in her after school outfit, consisting of a pink blouse with a purple bowtie, and a navy blue skirt. Her light blue eyes were in terror, tears were streaming down her eyes. I looked behind her and what was before me still haunts me even today.

A dark cloaked figure was floating at least 3 feet from the cement walkway with 3 figures under it, their blood stained the ground and walls of the buildings around them and these blue cards littered the floor. I recognized them, the blue haired boy, the short lilac haired female, and the spikey raven haired boy around my age. They were Sendou Aichi, Tokura Misaki and Katsuragi Kamui, Emi spoke highly of them every time we met.

Emi was crying, she said that it just appeared out of nowhere, challenged Kamui, then Misaki and finally Aichi to a fight. And when it defeated them, something seemed to cut their body, resulting in the blood splattering everywhere. I had no idea what a fight was though, or how it related to the cards around them, all I knew was that we had to run. But as soon as I had that thought, that thing turned its sights on us and pointed one of its skeleton fingers directly at me.

“You… girl…,” it said with a raspy whisper. “You hold a Vanguardian Fractal that we seek, as soon as we eradicate this planet of all its protectors…. we will be coming for you.” My eyes widen in fear, I didn’t want that … being within 10 feet of me.

Emi seemed to have the same thoughts that I did, “Chinami-chan. You need to run,” Emi raises her voice. She stands up and reaches into her skirt pocket and pulls out two decks of cards. “I-I I’m going to avenge Aichi… Or at least hold this thing off as much as I can. Look for Kai Toshiki or Ren Suzugamori.. they should be—“

The evil entity interrupted her, “Toshiki is already gone.” She looked at him in shock. Its blood red marble like eyes glared at her under the darkness of his hooded robe. “We have sent multiple agents to eliminate all cardfighters who would obstruct our search, and that means all of them.” He rasped with joy.

“No way... Toshiki san is one of the strongest fighters in the world, he can’t lose… he was even strong enough to overcome the Link Joker’s mind control… how….” She said with despair. It chuckled back at her naïve logic.

“We are the Dark Ones, chosen as the embodiment of Cray’s Despair,” it said as it pulled out a deck. “I am Ranked 11 of the Dark Ones, Samael. You are to follow your brother, Sendou Emi.” Upon hearing those words, she turns to me frantically and shoves one of the deck of cards into my hands. “Run Chinami, you need to get out of here, find someone, anyone. J-just go!” She pushes me away.

"What about you?"I cry out. I didn't want to leave her behind. She shakes her head and sticks her tongue out at me.

"I'll be fine, go." She gives off a sad smile. I flee without looking back, knowing that she’s right, I have to run or that Samael will get me too.

It wasn’t until I ran 5 blocks that I heard her scream, high and clear. It was then I knew she was gone.

Thank you Emi, we weren’t really great friends, but thank you for buying time for me I thought in tears.

I looked at the cards she gave me after making sure I was a safe distance from Samael. They looked like plants or something… One of them was a business card for “Foo Fighters,” with a phone number written on the back. Pulling out my phone, I dialed the number thinking it would help. The trembling voice of a woman responded in a scared whisper, “Yes…. This is Ren Sama’s phone… can I help you…?”

I look around me, there was no one around, except for a couple sitting on a park bench going through their phones. “I need help… my friends were just… taken out by this evil thing called Samael… and I think they’re dead. I was told to look for a Suzugamori Ren.”

Someone else was on the other side with her, a young boy. “NTR yo! Asaka-san. We need to run now, Reiji and Tetsu-san lost!” There was a sound of a cry as the female voice seemed to be talking to herself, “Ren-sama… It just can’t be… Ren-sama…”

“Hello? Asaka-san… What should I do, it’s after me. I don’t know what to do…” I said in a lost voice.  “Those kids in front of the card store are gone… I don’t know what happens next.” As soon as I said these words, a building outside of the park area caught on fire and started to collapse. There were distant screams as people were terrified. “My friend held one of them off to protect me… please.” I felt tears streaming down my cheeks.

Static seemed to disrupt the call for a bit, before the voice of a fourth person joined the call. “Is this Suzugamori Ren’s phone?” It sounded so familiar, as if the voice of an idol or something. “This is Rekka Tatsunagi, Earth is in a dire state of emergency. The representatives of Cray, the holders of Psyqualia are holding off the invaders as we speak, but I don’t know for how long. Suiko and Kourin have entrusted me with your lives, Saga Eiji, Narumi Asaka, Kodama Chinami, the three Vanguardian Fractals. Please meet me at the PSY Shop, directions have been sent to your phones. Please come as soon as possible, we need to proceed to plan 312.”

“B-but Ren-sama died fighting them, I need to avenge him…!”

“SHY. <Same here yo> They took my best friend away from me I have to do something.”

“… I don’t even… I was just heading off to do a school project and now… I’m just so scared…”

Rekka sighs, “Listen to me, you three stand no chance, at all. Meet up with me now, or this world will be in danger… and you’ll never see your loved ones again.” The phone hangs up and we’re left in silence. And we met up there, surprisingly encountering no dangers.

And that’s how we met. It’s been 5 years since then, nearly all the world’s fighters have been eradicated by the Dark Ones. I still have the deck Emi has entrusted me. And we’ve been running, not from them, but to gather materials for a Crayinian Ritual, something Rekka won’t disclose more about. She says it’ll change everything back to the way it was before, or so she hopes.

“Chinami-San…” interrupted Asaka. I look up to her dark blue eyes, the ones seeking vengeance and justice, and I immediately knew that meant. “It’s time, time for a comeback.”   

---------------------------------------------
Next time on Mending With Time:
Plan 312 will now begin! Will Asaka, Rekka, Eiji and Chinami be able to repair the damages done by the Dark Ones? Or will they too be caught by the Dark Ones with their plans to use these Vanguardian Fractals? Only Time will tell, see you guys on the next time I decided to update this fanfic!
<And yes, I intend to include fights, but then again, it's a process completely different from Yugioh, it'll take me a while to include something like that in. Probably next chapter, or the one following that, as of now, I'm setting up plot.>

MajestyForeverz~:
Q.Q arte , teach me how to write like that sometime , nice writing style, if there's a next chap, make it be action-filled xD

Magus TSS:
This is such a beautiful story so far keep going.

Killa:
Nice work keep going. ^^

[MK Salamander] DanJD:
really digging it :O

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version