Battle area > Community

Screw the ban! Nick In HD's cutting interview!

(1/2) > >>

NextGenNick:
Right, it's no lie me and Dev never have seen eye to eye, but if we can sort things out like this why cant you all? stop being a bunch of stubborn assholes and work together to save a community, not a website, a community, regardless of the site, we should all stick together. get your dicks out your arses, man (or woman) up and sort it out.

It's Nick, how about that chat?
[21:32:26] *** Devour the Frosch has shared contact details with INick In HDI. ***
[21:32:33] Devour the Frosch: Sure.
[21:33:47] INick In HDI: firstly, my main reason for this is simple: you remind me of Misaki from cray online, difference is this time I am going to man up and attempt to fix things for everyone.
[21:34:03] INick In HDI: I want to know a few things before we talk about recent events
[21:34:09] Devour the Frosch: Certanly.
[21:34:48] INick In HDI: firstly, it feels, not just to myself but to everyone that you look down on us all, it has felt that way since CFC and has only proven to be getting worse.
[21:35:17] INick In HDI: secondly, I want to know more about yourself and your moderator style, to get a better understanding as to how you operate
[21:35:44] INick In HDI: after that we will see where we go, I want to fix the problems, I can only do that if you co-operate Dev.
[21:40:36] Devour the Frosch: Firstly, I did do that in CFC. However, it's been over 2 years since that behaviour of mine had actually dissapeared. I don't look down on anyone. I only look down to someone when they start to lie at my face, because I don't find it fair, to be able to lie and have everyone to believe you. I do it then, sometimes, yes.
My moderator style is as simple as it gets. Delete spam, give more than a couple of heads-ups before I actually warn someone and act according to the given rule. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to point out how everyone is concerned or blaming me banning people, when I've banned 4 altogether and have forum-warned only Wolf, so it is unclear to me how has that been pinned on me, even in my time of absence. It bothers me a lot.
I was ready to cooperate from the start, since I was reading the chat a lot recently, and I've deducted how a lot of people have wrong opinions on me because they had either forgot how I actually am, which is due to my 2 month absence, or have been influenced by random rumours that have been started recently.
[21:42:14] INick In HDI: ok, what I am going to do is reply to a paragraph at a time ok?
[21:42:36] Devour the Frosch: Sure.
[21:46:20] INick In HDI: firstly, it feels to most people that that attitude has gotten worse, personally I feel as though you've grown colder, more elitist than you ever where. Granted, you're THE mod essentially, top dog of the mods and you need to be seen fair and just, I understand that. When it comes to the so called lies you see, that may be true but there are ways to deal with it rather than abruptly and coldly denying someones thoughts bud, you've made yourself look worse by trying to be strict and fair in a sense. People follow people whith flair and charisma, so when something remotely believable occurs people follow it, its human nature, again I am neither at this point criticising or agreeing with you but again, there are ways to deal with it
[21:47:12] INick In HDI: From reading your mod style, I don't think its your abilities that are the problem, those stats are more lenient than fair to be honest and in that I respect you.
[21:48:22] INick In HDI: but, the problem is how you approach people, that is what is causing the friction and I believe this conversation may actually have a good effect afterall, I believe we are narrowing down the issue.
[21:49:56] INick In HDI: I do not believe the two month absence is causing the friction, I believe its the way you speak to people, if you can recall our first few conversations we where hardly best friends ha ha! Granted, the two month absence will not help and rumours will spread, people will be influenced but it is how you act on that is what defines you
[21:50:47] INick In HDI: like yourself, I have a bad reputation for pissing people off, Ren feels like you hate his guts for absolutely nothing, most mods dislike me for how I've acted and this may be a turning point for us both.
[21:51:11] INick In HDI: so, after reading that essay, please tell me your thoughts
[21:56:49] Devour the Frosch: For starters, I actually quite dropped the elitism, as my team is now basically us fooling around when we've time. I admit, it's my mistake for not spending more time with the actual community so they've forgotten that I don't actually terrorize people and eat small children. However, when I finally decided to get the truth out there, it was too late as everyone was already affected by the rumours, lies, and whatnot, mostly contributed by those that actually wish me harm, for whatever reason they might have. I try to approach people equaly, which is why I use the objective styled conversation-skills to treat everyone equally and to at least try and make everyone seem equal. If I may explain you how this all happened, it'd be much helpful, as I assure you, before this all started, I didn't hate anyone at all, nor have I had plans to harm anyone in any way. I believe people caught the wrong impression of me since I haven't been online as much, which is mainly due to college, work, gym and private life. Depending on whether you want to hear my point of view, I'll proceed with the paragraph.
[21:58:02] INick In HDI: go ahead
[21:58:12] INick In HDI: we're talking here to try and fix things
[21:58:27] INick In HDI: so please, feel free to type your honest opinion
[21:59:01] Devour the Frosch: Well, you and I alone can't fix things. I'd be able to if everyone wasn't looking at me like a war criminal. Anywho, onwards to typing.
[21:59:22] INick In HDI: to be honest? I think we have a shot
[21:59:25] INick In HDI: think about it
[21:59:38] INick In HDI: I am the LAST person anyone would expect to do this lol
[22:11:18] Devour the Frosch: As you amy know already, I've been away for a while now and have returned during the time Jai, Hyoma and Lati were banned. I respected Hyoma's and Lati's agreement to stay banned for a week, since they agreed with Max, but I stepped up and unbanned Jai because he really wasn't at fault there, from what I've seen. After that has happened, the chatbox has been changed. I was surprised, but not as much as when I've seen people made another chatango chat, which was counter-productive. I went there and Ren immediatly thought I was completely against it and how I'll destroy it, which wasn't the case. He's very well able to have that chat. I cannot actupon anything that doesn't contradict the forum rules. Proceedingly, the rules I've psoted that we all have made might've spurred it all up a little bit, especially the warned/banned list. Ren found himself on the warned list, which is not fully updated yet, as it takes time to find everyone with a warning in the database, but thatw arning was from before. He thought it was I who ahd warned him, so he started trashing me in the chat, and yes, I've seen all of the trashing. Even after telling him it wasn't me (we found out later it was Yata, who had warned him for spamming), he didn't believe me, and Expy's trolling didn't help. From that point onward, it's kept getting worse, especially since Latias decided to join in on Ren, a day after she had trashed him on my skype, which is what makes the least sense to me right now, but that's how it works, I guess.
I don't think anyone at this point remembers how I actually am, either the joking, the million times I've let stuff pass when it was bannable offense ebcause I felt dorry for the person, the actual community I've built here when this was supposed to only have the News, help and Request section. What hurts me more than that is that now they're starting to pick on other moderators who've done even less than I've. I do admit, I make msitakes. I'm human, after all. it is impossible for me to be a perfect being without flaws, and it might just be that impression of me they've picked up on that started their hate. They think I consider myself to be a superior being to them all. False. If anything, I make the most sacrifices to make everything better for them, which is why, after everything is resolved, I'll be thinking about whether I resign or not, and spend the enxt year in a cardfightless hiatus. I currently don't know what to type anymore as I'm lost in my own thoughts as I've had so much to say at so many occasion while reading the thrashing, but I decided not to, since it's in all of our interest to stop all of this. Basically, the root of all of this is that the community had split.
[22:14:25] INick In HDI: well after this talk, you've earned my respect and support
[22:14:58] INick In HDI: I think, best thing to do really is to copy this chat and post it on the site really
[22:15:15] INick In HDI: I'll do it, I have other accounts ;P
[22:15:42] INick In HDI: if you support that I'll do it, at the end of the day, people reading this may be beneficial
[22:15:47] Devour the Frosch: You can just copy it all in the chat.
[22:16:16] Devour the Frosch: I don't mind, as it's better than to talk with everyone individually,, or to withstand the anrachy of the chats.

Ashton:
Nice interview btw but was all that language really necessary. I do agree that we should find a way to patch thing up with the moderators. I think that we should get to know the moderators better (especially me) because I think that most of us are quick to judge the moderators just because of what they do and I'm no expection. What i'm getting is that if we all get to know who we really are(not just on cardfight area), I think that we would be better off and could be on more friendlier term instead of being on each other's neck

Ren «Я»:

--- Quote from: Wolf on October 15, 2014, 10:16:07 PM ---Nice interview btw but was all that language really necessary. I do agree that we should find a way to patch thing up with the moderators. I think that we should get to know the moderators better (especially me) because I think that most of us are quick to judge the moderators just because of what they do and I'm no expection. What i'm getting is that if we all get to know who we really are(not just on cardfight area), I think that we would be better off and could be on more friendlier term instead of being on each other's neck

--- End quote ---

Eh Nick did a good job today actually lol. Even though I do agree with some of the things stated in your comment.

[ER] Patrickzzz:
Declaration of peace?

NextGenNick:
Basically Pat, yeah. We all last night resolved our differences for the better for a greater standard of the community, devs pretty cool to be fair, I now understand him and hope to become friends with him, he is actually a pretty cool guy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version