Battle area > Card Strategy

New pg vs Old pg

(1/2) > >>

Pinkie_Pie:
Old pg -Card Effect(s)
[CONT]: Sentinel (You may only have up to four cards with "[CONT]: Sentinel" in a deck)
[AUTO]:[Choose a card from your hand, and discard it] When this unit is placed on (GC), you may pay the cost. If you do, choose one of your units that is being attacked, and that unit cannot be hit until end of that battle.

New Pg-
[CONT]: Sentinel (You may only have up to four cards with "[CONT]: Sentinel" in a deck)
[AUTO]:[Choose a card from your hand, and discard it] When this unit is placed on (GC) from hand, you may pay the cost. If you do, choose one of your vanguards that is being attacked, and that unit cannot be hit until end of that battle. Then, if you have a card named "(A copy of this card)" in your drop zone, choose a card from your damage zone, and turn it face up.

Ok so the big diference from the new to the old is that you cant guard rearguards with the new one but with the new one can unflip damage as long as when you use it you have a copy of that card in the dmg zone.
Old pg pros - they can guard anything and you dont have to have to play 4 of them  cons -is that they dont allow you to unflip anything like the new ones.
New pgs pros -The only pro is being able to unflip that will happen in average 1 to 2 times for game cons- you have to play 4 of them so you can have more chances to unflip damage, they cant guard rearguards and they are useless in decks that dont use a lot of counterblast.
New pg also sucks agains some matchups like the dotx and d robos agains dotx your opp can hit a rg because you cant pg that you need to guard with tons of guard or just let the attack go you gonna end up with a rg retire and your opp just make a +3 or more if he haves dotx in hand and if you defend the vg next a +4 and 3 rgs retire , agains robos and ty to laurel and stride your opp can hit you a rg and he will drive cheak 6 times.
So what is the point on new pgs? i prefer my reliable old pg :)

Ren «Я»:

--- Quote from: Pinkie_Pie on January 08, 2015, 06:38:00 AM ---
So what is the point on new pgs? i prefer my reliable old pg :)

--- End quote ---

They shoulda just made the new pg's have the unflipping skills/able to work on RG's as well.

Pinkie_Pie:
If they do that the new pg would totaly replace the old one this way you can pick the pg that you want (even if the new pg is bad and people dont see it)

Magus TSS:
At the end of the day it's really a preference if you want to run the newer or older perfect guards. If your deck is counterblast heavy then you might prefer to run the new perfect guard even knowing the risk of using it. If your deck doesn't use a lot of counterblast and/or you know your deck can manage unfliping all the damage back consistently then you might be able to get away with using classic perfect guards.

Agame:
Well when it comes to reality the new pf are the best (in my opinion).pf unflipping regardless of how counter heavy u may be are the best.
But know i realize that you could only guard the vng old pfs are better for some decks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version