Battle area > Tournaments

Tournament hosting - Rules and how-to's.

(1/1)

Rank Up:
Welcome to the tournament area, where topics are made in which applicants list what is asked of them and it makes organising tournaments all the more fun and easier. There are a several standards and rules that need to be followed which i will state in this post.

STANDARD TOURNAMENT RULINGS:

* The rulings set by the host must respect the rules given here. No exceptions are to be made.
* When hosting, specify the type and any special rules you'd like to play with.

--- Quote ---EXAMPLE:
A) The tournament will be double elimination format.
B) You are not allowed to use mixed clans (Royal Paladins may contain up to 12 Shadow Paladin units).
--- End quote ---

* Standard OCG restrictions apply to every tournament, unless stated otherwisely (Check rule #2).
* Particiants have 15 minutes after each round starts to show up. If a participant is missing after 15 minutes, he is automatically disqualified.
* Participants are to behave. Usage of curse words, both in public and in game, will result in disqualification. Your name cannot contain any curse words or disrespectful content. Usage of names that are already in use will result in disqualification. Adulteration of names of participants will result in a warning, and if the measure is not respected, the result will be a 24 hour ban.
* Set a time and a place when hosting a tournament to evade confusion and tournaments being around unfinished for weeks.
* Promote your tournaments for greater success. This isn't a rule, but a suggestion.
* Before posting your tournament thread, PM it to one of the staff members in-charge of the Tournament section or to one of the GM's.
* Tournaments must have a duration of maximum one month. Meaning, no 2,3+ month long tournaments or year long tournaments. PM the staff team in order to get an approval to host long term tournaments (also respect rule #8)
* After the tournament has ended or aborted, please lock the thread or inform one of the moderators about it.

HOW TO APPLY:

While applying, be sure to state your IGN (In game name), the clan you will be using, your timezone and any other content that the host asks of you. (Be wary of the legitimity of information that you ask/is asked of you.

--- Quote ---EXAMPLE:

Devour - [Neo Nectar / Shadow Paladin] - Timezone: GMT+1 (Amstardam, Berlin, Ljubljana, Zagreb)
--- End quote ---

FAQ (Frequently asked Questions):

1. How do i host a tournament?

--- Quote ---Create a topic in this section where you state the rules (respect the rules given above aswell) which you choose by your personal prefference. State when is the tournament starting (Exact time) and calculate the time to match the time of GMT+0 (London). Make a list on your main post which you'll be updating with names and clans that the applicants will be using.

EXAMPLE:

Participants:    Devour - [Neo Nectar]
                     Devour2 - [Shadow Paladin]
                     Devour3 - [Dimensional Police]
--- End quote ---

2. How many hours/days prior to the tournament do I need to make the thread?

--- Quote ---It is entirely up to you. However, notice that the more time people have to sign up for the tournament, the more people will join that tournament. If it's a regular single elimination / gunslinger tournament, it's benefitial that you make the thread 1-3 hours before the tournament starts. Bigger event need up to a day. Official tournaments' topics hosted by the staff will be made a couple of days prior to the event.
--- End quote ---

3. How do i inform people of my tournament?

--- Quote ---Link it to a couple of groups you're in and even share the information in rooms of CFA. Don't spam though. Spam isn't appritiated and will result in warnings in game which may also lead to a ban if the prior warning(s) weren't payed respect to.
--- End quote ---

4. Can i join my own tournaments?

--- Quote ---Yes, you may. However, i suggest you don't. Organising a tournament is difficult enough, and keeping score is even more difficult, not to mention you may be accused of mixing yourself with the perfect opponent (cheating, basically) which, in most cases, is correct. People do tend to overuse their host power, thusly, i sugegst you don't.
--- End quote ---

Any other information you may want to know is enlisted on bushiroads pages regarding tournaments. FAQ's will be updated if there is a need to do so (The more you ask, the more I answer).

Cherry:
The following users are barred from hosting tournaments:

Pishmans
Sinon~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version