Main Forum > Administration Center

Regarding the ban subject.

<< < (4/4)

Hope:
In fairness the most important rule pertaining this conversation, rule number 8, it's smack in the middle, probably one of the most important rules and yet it's right in the middle, pretty easy to scan over, just saying again that it should be separated from the rest if it has not been already.

......so that things are communicated better.

Sinon makes a good point with the 4 month thing. Neither her nor I were notified of this. I myself had no way of knowing that Sinon was banned from hosting, and it wasn't even til a week after, in which I was added to the mod chat that I was suddenly notified of it and had to try to find a fix on the spot, which is why I gave it Atemus as I needed more time to figure out what could be done. The best action would have been to tell Sinon first, then act accordingly, or as I have suggested, posted about Sinon's ban along with any other user's in the tournament section.

......so that things are communicated better.

At the time Sinon asked, yes I gave her permission, I had no reason to reject the idea then. GSE was my primary concern as it was the only topic which I moderated. While Expy considers this a tournament, the original idea for this was to be a part of the GSE activities.

.......different definitions for the same thing.... communicating is difficult this way.

Reading through the comments as well as ones that I personally was messaged by others, many disagree with this ban. If these rules stand to create a good community, then I say we listen to what the community wants.

Community - Communication - The big problem here was that we jump to rules that may or may not be known about to everyone instead of getting to understand one another, instead of communicating. People don't respond to threats, surely, not online, reasoning has power. WP are for people who do not understand reasoning and break the rules despite having been given the sufficient info.

If the community says it's unfair, I say it is, as the rules were made for them and we need to show that our ears are open instead of brushing off their thoughts. This isn't a big enough offense anyways and many things went wrong that could have gone right.

Well that's my thoughts on this,
Hope

Sinon~:

--- Quote from: Expy on April 11, 2015, 04:29:52 PM ---Sinon~, Look at the tournaments board. Do you see who is moderator there? So that person + Global Mods + me (but Cherry is Global mod, so whatever) - that are people you should speak with about hosting a tournament, before posting anything (pick one of them, no need to bother all).
I dont want to argue about what it was, you tried to host - as long as it's hosted to let people cf with each other searching for best of them - i consider it a tournament. Even if it's GSE quest or something like that.

--- End quote ---

But the problem is.

You are lacking in communication towards other people and not telling them what needs to be said. Which is honestly quite disrespectful.

Plus you didn't answer my question of why it has taken you over 4 months to tell me that I'm not allowed to host tournaments anymore.

Lack of communication = Negative attitude, especially from an administrator.

Banning me because I was asking for a simple response when it could have easily been solved without resorting to a ban is quite silly and made me feel that you kept probing me for a response as an excuse to get me banned while handing out threats just to cover your own back.

I'm pretty sure I am not the only one who feels this way and such as it feels wrong to do so.

Don't expect me to have to put up with this kind of nonsense. Because honestly. There's a load of unsatisfied people who have issues with a lack of communication from an admin. Its your job to provide sufficient communication to your users which you have failed to do so. Because of this, you have made yourself look bad towards others and will end up persuading them to leave from Area because quite frankly. You're pushing them out with these wrongly handed out bans.

Yes I complained. Yes i could have posted here beforehand. But it is no way MY fault for your incapability to provide notice of such bans from hosting events. This could all have been prevented had you actually provide information.

A positive community is positive communication between the creators and the users. If one side fails to bring such positivity. Then how would you expect the users to respond? Surely you have done this to me NUMEROUS times before just because you don't like me and to be honest. Its biased. Its not even funny as its just reeks of being corrupt just cause you have a power on the forum and chat. There is no manner of me deserving any form of WP because you failed to provide information to the user base. How are users meant to know of anything if you fail to provide such intel. Common sense is the key word needed and its reeks of nothing.

You can keep me banned off the forum chat for good but where would that lead. It won't help a lot but it will damage the reputation of being way overly strict because of you failing to provide info. If we had proper communication on here. We would not have these problems and issues occuring. You even changed rules within a measly few hours because of an uproar. How can you be strict towards me in failing to provide info but you can't be strict into sticking to the new rules that you post and easily changed within a blink of an eye. Makes no sense.

I'm not going to respond to anymore comments after this.

Rank Up:
okay, Sinon, than I'll lock the topic :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version