Battle area > Card Strategy

Neo Nectar cant call units

(1/1)

Rank Up:
I played musketeers mostly from Nectar, though recently I did countless number of tries to build not Musketeers Neo Nectar deck. It all ended like that - whenever I can use Aesha vs Kagero or Naru, I have no targets for her second skill. When I use Vegetable... well, I have no situations, when he would be usefull at all - he lowers your chance to stride, and his second skill dont let Susanna make an unflip later. I tried Reverse build - there I had no problems with calling units... when I didnt stride. I could spent 3 cbs to call 3 of them, and then watch how Turbo, or Kagero's strides destroy them for free, or almost for free. I didnt even once hade a chance to powerup someone - there is just no targets for it.
So I would like to ask, if someone tried to build this deck too, and your opinions on this. Is this even possible to stand against meta with this Nectar?

[ER] Patrickzzz:
It is possible? Yes, but quite hard, and surely not consistent against retirers. But the best advice i can give you is:

1- If you do want a power up formation to survive against retirers, don't call the key cards too early on, save them in the hand and then call them on the power-up turn. Cards like Flower Screen and Gladiolus can really help with that.

2-Primavera. Nuff said.

3-Don't run a bunch of cards at low count. Try to run a few cards maxed out as much as possible to enable cloning skills to full power.

It still won't reach Musketeer level calling but it can work. And if you pratice against Kagero etc. enough you will get the hang of how to counter it.

Cherry:
Primavera is utility and should be played at 0-1 to stop Kagero/Narukami. If you can do without her, don't play her.

The key to stopping them is playing your burst turns carefully. Do not burst your opponent down if you know they can live and they're going to retire all your key cards next turn like Pat stated. Don't expend all your resources, but don't not play units at all either. If you don't call anything at all, you're going to lose offensive power, and then it's just a snowball fight until you lose, as they get to retain superior hand advantage.

Ayesha's deck has no realistic outs beyond Primavera (as far as I know), but Musketeers have a better time due to how much they can Superior Call for so little.

Oh and don't let Chatura hit.

Misaka Mikoto:
Primavera is pretty costly for what it does, CB3, 5 normal units in dropzone and discard a card. I think its more of a finisher rather than a field maker because not only is it a semi-late game card but you also need at least 2 units on board beforehand. The return unit back to deck is key though because you need units to clone. Flowerscreen helps a bit too.

If possible, try to guard the onhit strides because both Kagero and Narus have nasty retire ones. Also you should be able to setup your board after retires easily thanks to Gladiolus which is kinda a key unit against this matchup. Despite Ayesha being kinda redundant, if you have a full field, it should be pretty hard to wipe it entirely and having 1 or 2 survive is just enough to grow them back.

Overall it might be hard but if you time everything correctly, it is still deadly, you can possibly play the G2 game too if you use the Cherry Series/10k Vanilla and then ride->stride into Multivitamin for a finisher because it works as a nice first stride. But ya Musketeers have a much easier time with Cecilia and Sylvia's recovery.

Rank Up:
you cant save a single card against Turbo. He is too reliable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version