Battle area > Starfight Vanguard

[INTRODUCTORY] Starfight Team League Series!

(1/1)

Kisaragi Zane:
Old IntroductoryI would like to start this off with a sincere apology on behalf of myself and the Starfight Staff, but I personally believe the blame fall entirely on myself. I had promised to announce a Starfight Tournament set for April back in February after doing a double tournament and wanting to give ourselves time to add in new Starfight Rules and fixing up old rules and such. However, when April came, we hadn't exactly changed or even added any rules (with a few exceptions due to complaints and concerns) in addition to our staff, myself included, being preoccupied with lives such as finals, job searching, etc etc. It does bother me to think that people were holding onto our word of a Starfight Tournament taking place in April and it never came and for that I truly & sincerely apologize because it feels as though I broke a promise and lied and neglected the Starfight discord chat, especially for those who kept asking and inquiring when was the next Starfight Event. However, I had not forgotten about Starfight, or rather: we haven't. During the month of April, I had taken it upon myself to orchestrate an event, something fun and interesting rather than just our regular weekly tournaments, which I'll get to very shortly.

What was I doing during the Starless Month?So what happened? Well, like I said, during that month: I hadn't forgotten about Starfight. I was up one night thinking of ways to improve Starfight as a whole to make it a more enjoyable experience rather than just a regular tournament w/ special rules because that kinda gets boring after a while, admittingly. I started by making new rules but of course the problems of "does it work with every clan/deck/unit?" "Will it completely kill off mechanics?" started to arise, so I scrapped a few of those rules, which reintroduced the issue of "nothing new". So while drawing a blank on what to do, I decided to look at Vanguard and Cardfight Area as a whole: team battles, tournaments, teams themselves, and why people even bother to play. I'm not sure how exactly I came up with the idea at that very moment, but I believe it had something to do with me going to sneak peek for Trinity Dragon at my local yet far card shop in addition to my interest in the Under 20 Tournament from the anime, a combination of both. Some motivation was also inspired from Dragon Ball Super's Tournament Arc. I started to expand upon how I felt about Vanguard, about teams and team battling, about the tournaments, and much more. One thought chained into another and not long did I come up with a concept and sat down in front of my laptop with a blank word doc on Google Drive and let my fingers and brain do the typing.
Although it might be a selfish thought to think this will make up for well blatantly lying and getting people's hopes up for a tournament that is two months overdue, I'm hoping it does (or even if its silly to even make a big spectacle about this), I do understand that I'm obligated to uphold my actions as being a co-creator of Starfight and so I would like to announce a new competitive series!

As you can probably guess from the name of the thread, board, and logo: We would personally like to welcome everyone to Starfight's newest event: The Starfighters Team League!

Series Dates & Seasons
Summer Cup: June 21st - August 31st
Winter Cup: December 1st - March 1st
(Not exactly but roughly around those dates, a formal statement will be announced informing when each series starts and ends.)

Staff & Moderators
Zane Kisaragi & Moezilla (The Starfight Duo)
Pidove (Tournament Host)
Shiri (Starfight Assistant)

General Information
From the start date to the end, players will group together to form small teams and engage other opposing teams under various conditions to earn an array of points through battles, achievements, and accomplishments throughout the series. This team league series will also follow weekly tournaments hosted by our staff alternating between many different themes such as Starfight Format and Team Tournaments: as well as other events prepared to liven things up like a World Class Gunslinger Battle and more! Finally, at the end of it, we will be offering grand prizes for teams who accumulate the most points ranging from CFA sleeves to even packs from various Cardfight Booster Boxes and other accessories!

Quick Links

* Team Thread Regulations
* Annoucements & Update Thread
* Star Battle & Point Systems
* Request & Help Thread
* Accessories & Reward Claim Thread

* Donations & Benefits
* Team League Event Hall
 (This includes Weekly Event Trackers & Past Tournaments)(This will be updated as more links get posted)

Team Requirements

* 3-5 members per team only!
* A Team Thread posted in the Starfight Team Lounge.
Universal Team Rules

* No Double or Multi-Teaming: These teams are small enough to warrant this rule. A person must choose which team they wish to be on. Playing for 2 or more teams will destroy the foundation of the event.
* In addition, all teams are locked to the clan(s) they registered with! However you are able to unlock more clans as the event progresses.
Starfight Team League Rules

* Cheating in any form is absolutely forbidden, as is breaking any of the rules. This series is looking to invest actual money for potential in real life prizes, and as such, any instance of cheating will not be tolerated whatsoever and will have you removed from it immediately.
* Team Feeding (the concept in which a team is giving another team wins furthering the points of said team) is deemed as cheating and both teams will be removed from the league immediately.
* Any incident involving drama, bad sportsmanship, or disrespect, with proof, can be looked into and can have point reduction(s) for each offense, player/team suspension (depending who is involved) or an immediate withdrawal from the league.
* Sabotaging events (including star battles, tournaments, daily events), with proof, can be looked into and have point reduction(s), player suspension, team suspension, or even player withdrawal from the entire league.
* Using unofficial updates in events/star battles, with proof, will be looked into and involve point reduction or player/team suspension. I really don’t want to have to deal with random disconnections because someone didn’t want to wait for Cardfight Area to officially implement new cards.
* Any disconnections from a game due to error message (with proof provided) is warranted a rematch if it's the first one. Otherwise, disconnections are treated as a loss towards the disconnected player. (Exceptions being if the entire server disconnects and multiple participants have disconnected.)

* If for whatever reason, that a rematch cannot be granted and if both teams agree, a "Draw" can be issued for that particular fight in which both players will be removed from the Star Battle/Midnight Showdown and their match will be nulled. (Their fight will not account for points in Star Battles.)
* Abusing glitches mid-event is considered as "Sabotaging" and will face appropriate punishment(s). All unintentional glitches must be resolved as much as possible otherwise, the fight will be redone from the beginning.

* Missing Vanguard: If possible, just ride another copy of your original Vanguard.
* Guard Glitching: If it should occur, refrain from using the guardian circle for the rest of game by placing cards from field to drop zone until the game crashes via an error.
* Duplicate Cards: Remove the duplicated cards from play in the RFG Zone and proceed with the game.
* Intentional Clan/Deck Prohibition: This includes phrases, suggestions, outright declarations of a player(s) unable to use a specific clan/deck/unit in their cardfights. If proof provided, this is an automatic point reduction from the team instigating this notion. Firstly, these restrictions are only to be established by an administrative for events only. Lastly, I personally don’t like the idea or the notion of restricting things out of spite or dislike as it’s part of the game and it challenges the players to overcome these obstacles. Example: “GC/GB/SP are banned from this star battle.”
Editors Note(The reason I put “with proof” is because I’m prone to believe that accidents do happen or that players may not be well aware of certain circumstances. That being said, if the offense looks “rigged” or “staged”, it’s very easy to tell and can even find the person providing the proof in trouble. Also in regards to disrespect, I understand that uncontrolled salt/short tempers do explode, those are reasonable. Just keep it to a minimum, remain calm, and relax. It’s a game that’s meant to be enjoyed and have fun. If people are antagonizing, it’s treated as both sabotaging and bad sportsmanship can will have an immediate player suspension. I suppose I should talk about each punishment means if they’re not obvious enough but I’ll do that later.)
Starfight League Prizes
These prizes will be awarded to the teams with highest amount of points at the end of the league season!

1st Place Reward: x1 Cardfight Vanguard Booster Set!
2nd Place Reward: x1 Cardfight Vanguard Special Booster Box!
3rd Place Reward: x2 Cardfight Vanguard Trial/Start Decks OR 1 Cardfight Vanguard Legend Deck!
Specifics of Each Prize & Disclosure1st Place: Normal Boosters.
2nd Place: Technical Boosters, Clan Boosters, Extra Boosters, Character Boosters, Unique Boosters, or Fighters Collection including Revival Collection Booster.
3rd Place: Decks include Trial Decks, Start Decks, and Legend Decks!

Host & Fighters' Disclosure: If the intended booster(s) or deck(s) are not in stock, please have an alternative ready. I will not be traveling the globe far and wide for a set that is out of print, out of production, or sold out. Second, I am not allowing products that are released after the event ends (There are a few exceptions). Third, ENGLISH ONLY products, so no Brawler TD or Malefic Deletor TD and the sorts. Finally, the desired product must be agreed upon by each member, I will have the prize(s) shipped to a designated member of your team, from there, everything is decided upon you all. To check if your desired product is in stock please visit: Ideal808's Cardfight Vanguard Product Section!
Questions & Answers
Although a lot of information will be posted up as the days narrow down the start date, I would like to get the basic questions out of the way.

Q: Will this affect the current CFA Teams?
A: No. This is basically a Team Tournament except instead of it being one day, it'll last for an entire season. Being on these teams do not count towards actual teams found in the Cardfight Area Team Section.

Q: Can I register a team during the league?
A: Yes. Provided it follows guidelines, you may register before and/or during the start of the league.

Q: Am I allowed to leave teams and/or join a team before or during the league?
A: Yes. No team is perfect and thus you're able to freely leave a team you're currently on and/or join another team. However, if a team has less than 3 members because of a withdrawal, their team will be unable to participate until they get have the required number of members. In addition, you may only join a team if they have less than 5 members.

Q: When can we start making teams and/or when does this league start?
A: You can make teams at any point when a league is announced for its season.

Q: Are we allowed to donate?
A: Topic regarding Donations.

(If I'm asked more questions, I'll upload them along as I go. Also if you have any questions or suggestions: please post them here: Request & Help Thread!)

For more information regarding this team league series, please contact me on Skype (liltroy614), PM me Discord (Kisargi Zane#6223), Starfight Discord Chat or PM me here! I'll also have a board up for Suggestions, Help, etc so if you're willing to hold your questions until then, that'll be greatly appreciated while I work on the other threads and stuff. Thank you all very much and hope to see you all in the Team League!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version