Battle area > Tournaments

[VOTING] Swiss Tournaments

(1/2) > >>

Kisaragi Zane:
I've been asked a few times on whether or not it would be possible to host Swiss tournaments. While I am neutral to the idea, I wanted to see what the community thought about it before I randomly have a Swiss Format.

Normally I would do Pros/Cons to each one but it'd be explaining what Swiss Format is for those who do not know what it is or have never played in Swiss. The only real factor between either format is just time and well time zones. But other than that, going to leave the vote up until March 3rd. Can discuss, suggest ideas and whatnot down below but don't forget to vote on which format you would prefer our tournaments to be.

sycofear13:
i vote yes

Kisaragi Zane:
What is Swiss Format
In hindsight I should've had an explanation of what Swiss Format is rather than assuming people would Google what it is.

Okay, so. Swiss is a format where you're allowed to play most of, if not, all of the participants in the tournament. You are not knocked out for losing a round. You get points according to your performance/result of your match and pairings are automatically seeded based off of said points. Winner of the tournament is the person who holds the most points.

Compared to what we currently do in Single/Double Elimination: where you have the possibility of getting knocked out of the tournament and the winner is the person who wins all of their matches.

If there are others who can kindly expand upon or elaborate more on Swiss as I'm more used to Double Elimination from years of Fighting Game Community, that would be greatly appreciated.

FOR MIGUEL:
Double Elimination is too bland, Swiss gives everyone a chance and doesn't take as longer than double elimination as people think it does. Even if it's for just 1 tourney I would be very happy to change the mood/tempo for once

Kisaragi Zane:
I wouldn't mind Swiss because I feel it's more akin to what people are used to in official tournaments, which is something I've been wanting to try and make these tournaments sort of recreate. Like I gave it thought but didn't want to just make any immediate changes without hearing what others thought about it first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version