Cardfight!! Vanguard > Request

Auto-updater powered by Wiki

(1/1)

Otakon7:
Hello,

Otakon7 from the cardfight.wikia here.

I have been working on a CFV simulator which uses the card database on cardfight.wikia.com for compiling cards, but I had to put the project on hold.
However, the compiler is fully functional capable of fetching all card data, so I thought I'd use it to make compiling the CFA card lists a lot easier (aka, it would be fully automated, taking only a few minutes for the entire card database).

There is one problem tho: card IDs (CardStat)

Wikia has it's own set of IDs and CFA it's own, and the only connection between the two is the names, which sadly can be different so pairing them can be a bit of an issue.

Now, I can think of two sollutions:
1. Replace the entire CFA cardlist with the wiki cardlist
2. Manually pair the cards where no matching name was found

In case of 1., the problem is that everybody will have to basically use a new CFA version not compatible with previous versions, but going from there, there would be zero issues.
In case of 2., the problem is pairing cards since I would only have the name, which may or may not be the same as the one on the wikia; also cards that don't have a direct CardStat number (in example: x+4), which would require a bit of thinking on my part (but it should be as simple as loking for "X = n" lines)

So, what are your thoughts on this? Any suggestions as well?

P.S. I also made my Buddyfight simulator using the same compiler, so I can make a BFA compiler as well

-shockwave-:
Contact me on Discord please: -shockwave- #2841

Otakon7:
Friend request sent

SUe:
Wouldn't have aproblem with downloading another version if it updates automatically. Downloading it once instead of once per month is still an advantage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version