Battle area > Community

Sit down, let's talk about our community.

(1/1)

Darkness Aeon:
So, I surveyed 46 people and asked them questions to get a good general idea of how people felt about the community. Things such as how they viewed the community, problems they had, and generally if they liked or disliked the majority of community members.

The first question I asked was "On a scale of 1-10, how friendly do you feel the CFA community is?"
The average came out to 5.9/10.
I noticed a trend with this. The lower activity people, usually that don't talk much, usually gave higher numbers, while people who were more active in the community tend to give a medium to low response.

Then I asked "What are some problems you have or find in the community that deters you?"
I had some people be very vocal and give long detailed reasons, and some people had nothing to say. Below will be listed the most overlapping problems people had.

* By far, the most common thing was both toxicity and disliking certain people. This was the major one for a lot of people. It ranged from people acting poorly in TBs, to acting poorly in the CFA discord, to people not wanting to discuss new cards out of fear of being attacked for their opinions.
* The next most frequent was people were worried about the low activity. I think this is more a byproduct of a lot of different factors. Number 1 of which being the state of the game, and then the other problems on this list.
* There was also a few people that said they dislike the clique mentality. Where people only want to talk to their friends and there is no real community interactions outside of drama.
* Which brings us to the next, which was drama. That explains itself, really.
* The next was issues with the moderators. This fell into 2 categories. 1 half feeling the mods were too strict, while the other half felt the mods weren't doing enough and allowing stuff to happen.
* The last and final thing on the list was team discrimination. People felt they get hate based on the team they are on, and disliked that mentality.

The last question was "Do you feel you like or dislike more people in the community?"

78.3% said the liked more, 13% said they were neutral, and 8.7% said they disliked more.

Final thoughts based on the results and my personal opinion.

I feel like the community is divided in a lot of ways, and it's not really that the community wants to be divided. Actually, based on a lot of answers people would like the community to be more active and peaceful where people don't just stick to their group and only really interact in states of drama. Most of us in the community are adults or older teenagers, so there's no reason why we can't all work together to make this a friendly and peaceful environment for everyone. None of us want drama, none of us want to be divided like we are, so why are we then?

I was fairly shocked that people would open up so much, but it goes to show that people DO care about the community. If we all try to change things and make our community feel more like a community and less like high school, I think we can recover from this. I got a few ideas that I'd like to try after I work out kinks and try to get a few people on board, but this change starts with ALL OF US. If the majority of us are on the same page of wanting to get along and be sportsmanlike, then that is what our community will be. No paltry amount of bad seeds can ruin our community if we all stick to being friendly and show each other good will.

In closing, I want you all to see what our community could be if we all try to be better to each other.

P.S All survey answers are confidential and will not be shared with anyone.

[R.T] SpiderHunterMD:
God I miss 2016

Jai Hearts:
what spider said

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version