Battle area > Starfight Vanguard

[VOTING] Limiting Daily Star Battles!

<< < (5/6) > >>

Nika:
I think a good idea to add to Star Fight is team merging. Like Say Team 1 has A, B, and C wanna merge with Team 2 with D, E, and F. But with this there would have to have some cost, because if you just say wanna merge, bypasses 3/5 amount of people with ease. Also people could have the same clans, which means, if A and D both play SP, one would have to sit out of the tb, and the other play cause of the diversity set in rule for Star Fights. I think it could add a little more thinking to decisions and team making. You obviously wanna avoid having a team merge where the same teams use the same clan, but there are ways to prevent that. You can buy a new clan for the person to play, (albeit a little risky, cause mind you, have to pay a cost for that, and team merging.) Every point matters and these decisions make or break you. More players = more people to play, but also bringing down your points along with it.

Kisaragi Zane:

--- Quote from: Nika on May 22, 2017, 01:11:03 PM ---I think a good idea to add to Star Fight is team merging. Like Say Team 1 has A, B, and C wanna merge with Team 2 with D, E, and F. But with this there would have to have some cost, because if you just say wanna merge, bypasses 3/5 amount of people with ease. Also people could have the same clans, which means, if A and D both play SP, one would have to sit out of the tb, and the other play cause of the diversity set in rule for Star Fights. I think it could add a little more thinking to decisions and team making. You obviously wanna avoid having a team merge where the same teams use the same clan, but there are ways to prevent that. You can buy a new clan for the person to play, (albeit a little risky, cause mind you, have to pay a cost for that, and team merging.) Every point matters and these decisions make or break you. More players = more people to play, but also bringing down your points along with it.

--- End quote ---

I actually like this idea because this does solve some issues even ones being addressed in this topic.

Teams being/going inactive would be because they're playing under the Star Teams, not their original team because the assumption is that there will be no teams team battling, while most teams will be Star Battling. And in order to Star Battle, you need to be in teams of 3-5 meaning a temporary yet sort of split among teams until the event is done. Keyword is "assumption".

With that idea, teams of 3-5 can turn into 6-10 (basically the same size as most teams, and of course, bypassing team limits). Will probably consider this idea.

Cherry:

--- Quote from: Kaze Natsume on May 22, 2017, 11:14:39 AM ---In my opinion the way this event is set up right now shouldn't really be in issue. It gives people a chance to play with their friends on other teams. Now if the people participating choose to not do regular TBs and practically forget about their current team then that is something i feel the leader should handle. Like maybe setting a total amount of TBs that should be required per month or per week, however the leader chooses to handle it.
--- End quote ---

I agree and disagree with this. If someone is worried about activity in regular teams, they should set some kind of activity requirement. As someone who enforces a minimum amount of TBs needed per month, I can agree it's something the leader should handle. Unfortunately, even with a TB requirement, if no other team is actually enforcing such a requirement or TBing regularly at all, it's something that's even out of the leader's control because it relies on other teams too.

I'm going to make clear that I haven't read everything nor am I going to due to my lack of genuine interest in Starfight like everyone else. From what I've skimmed, the issue is regular Team Battles becoming pointless in the face of Star Battles due to Star Battles having an actual reward. Limiting the number of Star Battles is a good idea, but I wouldn't say five. If this is to accommodate for the minority with Time Zone issues that can't join tournaments, then it's still right to have Star Battles as a necessity. In GSE, there was TBs of random people everyday for points and you could only do so about twice a day, I believe. Days ended and began on specific times for a specific time zone (I don't remember what it was). If days for Star Battles were set to end at 12AM GMT-5 or something of the like, it'd eliminate confusion on when people could play or how much time they had.

Points-wise, it'd just be a matter of making sure it's for the sake of catchup and those who can't play in Tournaments regularly, I'd think.

Moe Shinkō:
Make Star Battles limited to 5 per week instead of limiting them to day's.

This allows everyone an equal and fair chance, people with lives, jobs, etc. Can suppose get on their day off like Saturday, do 3-4 Star Battles and fill up their weekly quota instead of getting on everyday and doing 'X' amount of Star Battles to actually be able to compete.

Currently daily system only benefits people who no offense, have no lives. Whereas weekly quota and filling them whenever and however is more fair.

However this can be abusable by fighting same team's with each other. So make it limited to being able to fight the same team twice and counting, and 5 a week quota.

Kisaragi Zane:

--- Quote from: MoeMoe on May 22, 2017, 03:15:55 PM ---Make Star Battles limited to 5 per week instead of limiting them to day's.

This allows everyone an equal and fair chance, people with lives, jobs, etc. Can suppose get on their day off like Saturday, do 3-4 Star Battles and fill up their weekly quota instead of getting on everyday and doing 'X' amount of Star Battles to actually be able to compete.

Currently daily system only benefits people who no offense, have no lives. Whereas weekly quota and filling them whenever and however is more fair.

However this can be abusable by fighting same team's with each other. So make it limited to being able to fight the same team twice and counting, and 5 a week quota.

--- End quote ---

I actually like this idea a lot more since it limits Star Battles to prevent excessive grinding and it meshes well with the current Team Battles meaning one won't overlap the other. Very nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version