Battle area > Starfight Vanguard

[VOTING] Limiting Daily Star Battles!

<< < (6/6)

-shockwave-:
Zane, I have a feeling that you just don’t want to hear what people are saying. I wasted all my morning yesterday to explain why Starbattles need to be limited to 1 per day max, and I had a feeling that you understood me, and then you came to me with “I will limit them to 5 per day max”, and it was just… Same thing here, Wert and Ice told you about real problems and you didn’t give them any specific answers, but then Nika came with a totally bad idea and you’re like “oh cool”.

As I said yesterday and as Ice said before, theres no point to limit Star battles to 5 per day, because almost no one can play 5 times a day, so this “limit” will change nothing. Active players will be rewarded, not good ones. This will make this competition totally unfair and will only show how active people are, nothing more.

Nika’s idea is bad, because it complicates everything. You actually need to make things easier. The easier rules you have, the easier it is for people to play and for you to control everything. Also it is bad because we don’t need gigantic teams here, 3-5 max is totally fine, you just need to do something not to kill regular teams.

If you want to actually waste your money for real prizes, please award those people who are actually good. Because lets say that there is a good team, but that team can only play once a day, and lets say that there is a bad team that can play 5 times a day. Good team will play once a day and win once a day, and bad team will play 5 times a day and win 2 times a day. Good team will have 100% winrate and 7\7 wins a week, and bad team will have 40% winrate and 14\35 wins a week just because it is more active. So good team will not be rewarded, while bad team will be rewarded just because it is more active. It is not fair at all, that’s why you have to limit Star battles.
Also because if they will stay unlimited, you will destroy regular teams, because why will someone tb with their regular teams, if they can do the same thing with their event teams and earn points? Like look, no one can find a teambattle when there is a tournament going, this means that people are much more motivated when they can get a prize. Same thing here. And it is silly to compare this event to GSE, because GSE was made for fun, as I know it had no real prizes, so please don’t underestimate the power of motivation. Sure you don’t ban people from playing with their regular teams and they can play regular tbs, the problem is that they will not play them.

Also, underground fightings are good, because if someone will start later than everyone, or if someone will lose a lot from the start, they will have a chance to get points and actually have a chance to win. Otherwise those who will start good will be on the top and no one will be able to reach them. But once again, underground fightings should also be limited.

Moe’s idea is actually really good, because once again it will reward good players and it will allow regular teams not to die, because event teams will be limited to 5 Star battles per week.

-shockwave-:
Kaze, your position is weird, because it is not leader’s fault that people are interested to play and get points vs to play for no reason. Ok leader can be like “play 5 tbs a month”, and people will play them, but not because they want to, but because they are forced to, and who the hell needs such tbs? All Zane needs to do is to limit Star fights, team leaders have nothing to do with this.

Cherry:
The idea of a weekly limit instead of a daily limit is actually much, much better.

Though I'm sort of confused since I was under the impression Moe was a co-host, so I figured she'd have brought this up to you directly, Zan.

Kisaragi Zane:

--- Quote from: Cherry on May 22, 2017, 04:02:44 PM ---The idea of a weekly limit instead of a daily limit is actually much, much better.

Though I'm sort of confused since I was under the impression Moe was a co-host, so I figured she'd have brought this up to you directly, Zan.

--- End quote ---

Well I did design the entire thing and ran through trial and error of this whole event on my own and I had shared it with her but had no issues regarding anything that was listed. On top of that, she brought this up directly to me while I was in a call with her before she posted.

Kisaragi Zane:

--- Quote from: -shockwave- on May 22, 2017, 03:49:10 PM ---Zane, I have a feeling that you just don’t want to hear what people are saying. I wasted all my morning yesterday to explain why Starbattles need to be limited to 1 per day max, and I had a feeling that you understood me, and then you came to me with “I will limit them to 5 per day max”, and it was just… Same thing here, Wert and Ice told you about real problems and you didn’t give them any specific answers, but then Nika came with a totally bad idea and you’re like “oh cool”.

As I said yesterday and as Ice said before, theres no point to limit Star battles to 5 per day, because almost no one can play 5 times a day, so this “limit” will change nothing. Active players will be rewarded, not good ones. This will make this competition totally unfair and will only show how active people are, nothing more.

Nika’s idea is bad, because it complicates everything. You actually need to make things easier. The easier rules you have, the easier it is for people to play and for you to control everything. Also it is bad because we don’t need gigantic teams here, 3-5 max is totally fine, you just need to do something not to kill regular teams.

If you want to actually waste your money for real prizes, please award those people who are actually good. Because lets say that there is a good team, but that team can only play once a day, and lets say that there is a bad team that can play 5 times a day. Good team will play once a day and win once a day, and bad team will play 5 times a day and win 2 times a day. Good team will have 100% winrate and 7\7 wins a week, and bad team will have 40% winrate and 14\35 wins a week just because it is more active. So good team will not be rewarded, while bad team will be rewarded just because it is more active. It is not fair at all, that’s why you have to limit Star battles.
Also because if they will stay unlimited, you will destroy regular teams, because why will someone tb with their regular teams, if they can do the same thing with their event teams and earn points? Like look, no one can find a teambattle when there is a tournament going, this means that people are much more motivated when they can get a prize. Same thing here. And it is silly to compare this event to GSE, because GSE was made for fun, as I know it had no real prizes, so please don’t underestimate the power of motivation. Sure you don’t ban people from playing with their regular teams and they can play regular tbs, the problem is that they will not play them.

Also, underground fightings are good, because if someone will start later than everyone, or if someone will lose a lot from the start, they will have a chance to get points and actually have a chance to win. Otherwise those who will start good will be on the top and no one will be able to reach them. But once again, underground fightings should also be limited.

Moe’s idea is actually really good, because once again it will reward good players and it will allow regular teams not to die, because event teams will be limited to 5 Star battles per week.

--- End quote ---

It's honestly not that I didn't want to listen or chose not to, it was just everyone telling me to just remove it and why it would be an issue to keep it as such or to limit it daily, to which I stated (or rather kept restating) why I couldn't remove it as a whole. No one suggested alternatives or ideas and I was thinking someone would have an idea or an alternative, which wasn't the case until Moe suggested the idea that everyone approved on.

Speaking of that, since well... I would assume Moe's suggestion has been accepted upon both ends, I guess I can close the voting and just go with her suggestion and implement it. Again, I sincerely apologize for any trouble that his whole issue has caused, especially for those who directly messaged me about it on my end because it was never my intention to overlap regular team battling with Star Battles nor for this to cause an uproar. Again, in the end, I was just looking for solutions rather than "This is a problem! Fix it now!" because fixing it would require another month or so by myself to make sure everything is fine and zzz. But thank you all for your cooperation and again I do sincerely apologize for any trouble/issues caused behind this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version