Cardfight!! Vanguard > Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion

Latest Cardfight!! Vanguard G Episode Discussion

(1/27) > >>

[ER] Patrickzzz:
Well we used to create a topic to discuss each new episode, but since that eventually died out because people stopped making it, i had this idea to create just one topic to discuss the latest anime episode. I know there are some topics talking about season 5 already, but that's more for season information than the anime itself. So i wouldn't like to mix.

It goes without saying that this topic contains spoilers.

If the mods think that this is not a good idea just delete the topic, otherwise pin it.

Latest Episode:
SpoilerEpisode 13:
http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/G_Episode_13:_A_Night_in_Card_Capital

[ER] Patrickzzz:
First impressions: I actually quite liked the first episode, although it was just an introduction to the new world, i'm looking forward to see what's coming next. But damn, they really skipped a lot of stuff, even if they had to split it into two episodes it wouldn't hurt to show us at least the boss card skills >.<

WaiterFang:
While on the more important side in my opinion.........
Warning: Viewer Descretion is advised for the spoiler, don't look until you see the episode.
Spoiler1. DID THE MANAGER HAVE KIDS!?!?!?!?!?!
2. ARE THE MANAGER'S KIDS THE MANAGERS OF CARD CAPITAL 2?!?!?!?!
3. WHERE IS THE SUB MANAGER, SHIN NITTA, IN THE EPISODE!?!?!?
4. Who is the new dragon clan guy user?
5. Finally, IS THAT CAMEO AT THE END A SIGN OF SOME SORT!?!?!?!

Cherry:
This probably would be better merged with the Season 5 thread but this place acts as an episode archive and overall discussion of G so it'll pass. Also, I don't feel the need for us to really use spoiler tags when this is a place to discuss the new episodes in the first place. So feel free to just disregard the use of them. The thread title itself is pretty much telling people to be ready for spoilers, it'd be their own fault for peaking if they didn't want to be spoiled.

Moving on, I liked and disliked this episode. It did something I liked which is the same as what Monty did as RWBY Volume 2 released its first episode: the animation has become godlike. Choosing your field background on the table is the future itself. They have decided to throw literally over half of their budget at the animation and hot damn is it paying off. For the writing itself however, I'm disappointed. Especially for the person who wrote some of Season 1's best episodes. The new kids feel very random, especially Chrono, and he's the main protagonist.

Chrono's whole character seems blank but with hidden dreams. The homework or essay assignment his class was given was about future dreams and Chrono wrote independence. ... Yet, he didn't seem to be paying attention. He is very much like Naoki but he lacks the puppy aura. For an introductory episode, they sure did a good job at showing us little to nothing about the guy we're going to be rooting for throughout this new generation.

The fight itself was beautiful and horrendous. Again, the animation is amazing. In addition to that they decided on doing something I was hoping for since season 2: they made the fights look genuine. It was more than just chess pieces that stayed in place or launched one strike during the battle phase. Chrono Jet Dragon comboed Mecha Battler Viktor, Mystery Flare Dragon fired an enormous blast followed by another one after. Hell, Kamui scared Chrono by almost breaking the first turn no attack rule just to get him in the feel of the image. However, all of this was much better suited as a two parter. The "tutorial" of every season wasn't given at all. It makes no sense how Chrono was doing well when Kamui wasn't actually telling him how to play. They're skipping over portions of the fight again and this is how the show began to deteriorate.

I don't care much for what they've done with Stride so far either. They keep screaming "GENERASHUNNNNNNNNN" and it's irritating me. We got it guys, this is Cardfight GX, a new generation. You don't need to shove the same word down our throat, certainly not for the action of striding. The commands for the G-Zone are very poor. "Generation: Release" I think and "Stride Generation" feel very stupid and just forcing the word generation as I stated. Stride itself looks very pretty and the act of performing the "Interdimensional Crosstalk" in lore presents a godly summoning sequence. It was only ruined by the dialogue.

I would have appreciated two episodes for this fight to get to know Chrono a little better to understand his sudden flare to win. I'd even like to know what Kamui has been up to and talking about how long the fight was before to get him to where he is today. It wouldn't have killed to give Shion more of a single line either.

Overall, this was a very poor introduction. It shows the ride(HA) we're gearing(HAHA) up for by giving us a gorgeous presentation of how fights will be played out. But it didn't show much promise for better writing. I still have hope for the rest of this series; this is still only episode 1. I just can't shake that it crushed me a little at how lacking it was in important departments. I do like that Gear Chronicle does embody a true "mysterious arrival" alien feeling. I'm excited to see how they fit in the demonic nation of Dark Zone with their time control abilities.

ALSO HOW DID NO ONE SPEAK A WORD OF CHRONO'S CINNAMON ROLL THE WHOLE EPISODE

WaiterFang:

--- Quote from: Cherry on October 25, 2014, 11:43:38 PM ---ALSO HOW DID NO ONE SPEAK A WORD OF CHRONO'S CINNAMON ROLL THE WHOLE EPISODE

--- End quote ---
The new managers are more important than sweets. I mean look at their demanding poses, those death gazes of cuteness, the manager-like stature, and their potential for big business!?!?!
They are running that store so successfully and it has a more futuristic look than their parent's store, card capital!?!?!?!
So spacious! The new innovative cardfight tables! The giant card display boards! Those convenient trial decks on the counter! Hiring a famous passionate cardfighter to sell their products!
That entire business was accomplished in the three year time gap!
Can we not be in awe of cinnamon rolls and be in awe of those corporate geniuses!
 :P :o 8) ??? :D ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version