Buddyfight > FCB Discussion

[BF] Cards That You Think Should be Banned or Limited

<< < (3/6) > >>

Cherry:
In terms of sheer strength, Tempest Enforcer wins.

But Tempest Enforcer is insanely vulnerable and has lifelink lose while Goldritter's indestructible and has penetrate with Critical 5.

I'd argue Sieger is better, but then you look at the sheer amount of support Jacknife himself has to get this going.

Lucius:
yeah but jackknife must collect at least 3 souls which isn't easy even with his Support Cards against a Monster like duel Sieger. But then again if the Opponent gets to call Goldritter before Duel sieger gets to tempest enforcer it might as well be an Auto win for it.

HunterSerge:

--- Quote from: Cherry on January 21, 2015, 04:18:42 AM ---The game's mechanics are unbalanced but most of the cards are actually okay.

Roaring Slash's gauge cost is way too hefty to even be considered a problem in my opinion. The regular Gargantua is much more of a problem for being cheaper if anything. And Demon Lord Asmodai is just straight up discard 1 to annihilate anything the opponent has, and Magic World has insane amounts of recycle power.

--- End quote ---
Kinda curious about what you mean by that first point. Mechanics-wise, Buddyfight is one of my favourite games ever, so I'm very curious why you think they're unbalanced.

However, going to have to strongly disagree on your thoughts on Gargantua and Asmodai. My points on Impacts in general still apply to Gargantua. It'll get you a cheese win every once in awhile, but cheese wins don't make things like Mystery Flare in Vanguard good, do they? Most of the time, you were in a very advantageous position anyways and were going to win anyways when an Impact wins a game (this isn't true for all of them, stuff like the Secret Swords and The Glorious Legacy being obvious exceptions).

And yeah, let's get rid of Asmodai. Its not like Magic and Katana are SUPPOSED to get more efficient effects in return for their terrible stats. Its not like its just a 1-to-1 trade. Its not like, because of their low stats, these Worlds absolutely need good efficient destruction to not get screwed over by high defense stuff.

--- Quote from: lucius on January 21, 2015, 08:05:05 AM ---My Grandfathers Clock has restriction potential after all it lets you get another turn. but the wizards of Magic world aren't that good yet, but when they become strong My Grandfathers Clock could become a key Card within the wizard deck.

--- End quote ---
Wizards were actually one of the two meta decks during the Buddy Challenge, and the deck is hardly weak, a lot of Wizard monsters are absolutely incredible. However, restricting Grandfather Clock would be beyond pointless as its very rare to even see it run at more then 2. Its not even broke in any way, offensively its not really any different from Saturday Night Devil Fever, and unlike that card, its conditions are harder to achieve, and requires you to already have your set up.

--- Quote from: Lucky on January 21, 2015, 08:22:57 AM ---

Type: Item
World: Dragon World
Attribute: Armordragon / Dragon Knight / Weapon
Ability: [Equip Cost] [When you have 5 or less life, put a card with "Jackknife" in its card name with 3 or more soul from your field to the drop zone & Pay 2 gauge]
This card cannot be destroyed, nor returned to your hand, and it is treated as if there is a size 3 《Armordragon》 monster on your field.
Damage dealt to you from link attacks become 2 instead.
[Penetrate] (If this card attacks and destroys your opponent's monster in the center, this card deals damage equal to its critical to your opponent.)

FOR GOD'S SAKE BAN THIS DAMN CARD FOREVER!!!  This is the first ITEM that i have seen in my life which have DEFENCE!!! Hid Defence is 10000.... WHAT ABOUT OTHER it's CRITICAL is 5 and POWER is 10000. Kidding me this is the super strongest card that i have seen in my life!!

--- End quote ---
This feels like nothing more then a knee-jerk reaction, honestly. xD Legend World has an Item with Defense too, and Hero World's entire playstyle is about equipping monster's which - oh look, they have defense. Gold Ritter isn't a big deal. Consider for a moment that Gold Ritter is actually ridiculously difficult to get out, and its massive attack? Yeah, its just one attack. A single attack negate each turn keeps it at bay. Then you have to consider that the deck effectively auto-loses to Darkness Dragon World, Dungeon World, Katana World and Magic World due to Death Grip/Pain Field, Pillar of Fire/Tetsuya+Dragonslayer, Hades Fall/Star Crusher or Shooting Star, and Begone/Magical Goodbye/burn damage respectively. One of these is THE meta, and one of these is very likely to become a big contender to be a top meta deck. Oh, and Sieger beats the deck pretty easily if the player is smart about how they play, since Tempest Enforcer getting out is pretty much a guaranteed win.

[ER] Patrickzzz:
I never seen this card before, but how does a item with defense even work? You have to destroy the item to get an direct attack? And in this case it's indestructible?

HunterSerge:

--- Quote from: [MK Dayman]Patrickzzz on January 21, 2015, 03:40:00 PM ---I never seen this card before, but how does a item with defense even work? You have to destroy the item to get an direct attack? And in this case it's indestructible?

--- End quote ---
Think of the Item's stats as the Player's stats. Therefore, to damage the player, you need to have equal or more Power to their Defense. Nothing terribly complicated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version