Buddyfight > FCB Discussion

[BF] Cards That You Think Should be Banned or Limited

(1/6) > >>

Sirvat:
[BF] Cards That You Think Should be Banned or LimitedHey, ik the game is kinda new. But as of right now, or their any cards you think should be banned or limited?
Example(Down Below)

As of now I dont see no really over powered cards that I think should be banned, but I do think Roaring Slash Gargantua Punisher!! Should be limited to 1, or 2. Most worlds dont have any over powered ones that can win the fight, if you get your opponents to half life points. This might be just for now, but let me know what you think and your opinion.

Type: Impact
World: Dragon World
Attribute: Dragon
Ability: You may only cast this card if your opponent has 5 life or less, and neither you nor your opponent has a monster in the center.
[Cast Cost] [Pay 5 gauge]
Deal 5 damage to the opponent!! This card cannot be nullified and the damage cannot be reduced.

RulesMake sure you include all I did in the example above. A brief descriptions as to why,Card type, world, attribute, and ability.

[ER] Patrickzzz:
Hmm what i liked about BF is that it seems pretty balanced so i don't have any suggestions. Ofc tho im new to the game and haven't even seen half of the cards xD

HunterSerge:
Honestly, there aren't any Impacts that are a big enough deal to get the ban hammer, especially not Roaring Slash. Running them usually results in a very unbalanced deck and while you may manage to get a cheese win every once in a while with them, it isn't anything significant, especially with Worlds like Magic and Katana having cards that every deck SHOULD run capable of surviving even unnegatable Impacts like Gargantua.

I can see some justification for some limitations on some Dungeon World cards like Tetsuya, Orser Kleinz or Glory Seeker especially back in summer and early fall, since people hadn't figured out to take on the deck at that point and it was still completely dominating the tournament scene. Form a Party is the only thing in Dungeon I think is still deserving of a hit, and restricting it to 2 would probably do more then enough to balance out the tournament scene and take away what makes so many competitive players gravitate towards the deck: consistency.

My main problem with the balancing of the game is the current handling of Spell Negates. You know, cards like Abra Cadabra and Sakurafabuki. When the game originally launched, they were fine, because when you link attacked a player directly the criticals would not stack. However, around April, the rules changed, and in addition to criticals now stacking on direct link attacks, only one chain was allowed to be started off of an attack, meaning a player got only one opportunity to stop an attack. This has caused Spell Negates to become obscenely unhealthy for the game, since if you get link attacked for enough to kill you, even if you try to stop it, a spell negate being dropped means you auto-lose. This bugs me far more then any Impact, and with more and more Worlds getting attack negates (excluding Fang Dragon Declaration, when Hero World comes out, 5 of the 9 Worlds in the game will have them) and the aggro capabilities of all Worlds being steadily increased, this is becoming more of an issue.

I could see this being fixed in one of two ways:
1) Revert the link attack rulings. Reverting the chain rules wouldn't help, as you can't reliably have 2 attack negaters and it still rewards cheese tactics with massive link attacks. I don't feel this would hurt Adventurers or Heroes significantly enough for this not to happen.
2) Add a clause to all current and future Spell Negates (barring Fang Dragon Declaration) that it cannot be used during a link attack, or that it can't be used during the battle phase. Personally, I think this would be the best solution.

Cherry:
The game's mechanics are unbalanced but most of the cards are actually okay.

Roaring Slash's gauge cost is way too hefty to even be considered a problem in my opinion. The regular Gargantua is much more of a problem for being cheaper if anything. And Demon Lord Asmodai is just straight up discard 1 to annihilate anything the opponent has, and Magic World has insane amounts of recycle power.

Lucius:
My Grandfathers Clock has restriction potential after all it lets you get another turn. but the wizards of Magic world aren't that good yet, but when they become strong My Grandfathers Clock could become a key Card within the wizard deck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version